Find me on these platforms

November Cue Word Challenge at The Ton



There's a NEW challenge at THE TON CHALLENGE BLOG.
CUE WORD: HOLIDAY
So, I was thinking THANKSGIVING and HARVEST for my first holiday card. 
The CLOSE-UP ROSE cling was so fun to color with ZIGS and Colored Pencils. I accented the large ROSE with a green sprig from Rose Bouquet and a sentiment from 

Autumn Wishes.

Embellished with Glitter tape and CINDERELLA"S RIDE couture mix:))

For my next one I wanted to get started on some Christmas cards:))
Utilizing a FAUX Letterpress technique shared by Jennifer McGuire. 
  • I cut 2 layers of the Poinsettia Banner Coordinating Die from cardstock and ONE layer from Vellum. 
  • Stacked/Glued them together and inked the vellum with Diamond Blue ink and laid them onto a piece of White a2 sized paper
  • I ran this through my BIGKICK with a tan Embossing Mat which presses the stacked die cuts and ink into the paper, giving the look of letterpress.
  • I then took the Poinsettia Banner stamp and placed it onto the pressed image and with THREE passes of the Diamond Blue ink using the MISTI tool for perfect placement
  • The sentiment is inked with CALI BLUE ink.

For my very first try at the Die cut Letterpress technique, I misplaced the die cut stack, UUGH..Centering is not my forte'  Instead of tossing it, I cut the inked image out and popped it up onto a card panel trimmed with the Rectangle Double Stitched die.

Here's to helping you get started on your Holiday cards and join the challenge:))
Hope to see you join the fun at The Ton Challenge!


How to Play

  1. You must use a Ton product as the main focal point of your card or tag.
  2. Display the cue word and mood board on your post and include a link to the challenge in the body of your post.
  3. Link your card to the new link up tool each month. 
  4. There is no limit on the number of cards/tags you wish to enter into the challenge.
  5. The winning project will be chosen based upon detail, composition and aesthetics.
  6. Challenge winners and Honorable Mentions will be announced during the introduction of the subsequent challenge.
  7. Winners will be invited to be a guest designer for the next challenge.
YOU could win a $50 spree to The Ton’s shop!”
*Gift certificates only apply to The Ton stamps, dies, ink, gilding and embossing powder.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Wow !! Your first card is truly stunning !

Jackie said...

O my goodness, that first card is absolutely STUNNING!!! The colour is gorgeous and you coloured it just beautifully. I don't know what else to say. It's ahh-MAZ-ing and I love it!!!!